Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Max and Jake set off to Camp

Saturday Night in Jersey was no regular night at the Kramer (New Jersey) house.  The Kramer boys and Samantha could not fall asleep.  Lot's of laughing peeped from the bedroom.  Max and Jake could not fall asleep as they were anticipating their departure to sleepaway camp in the morning.  After about 10 times going in and out of their room, I gave up. 

The morning was full of activity.  But Max and I were off to do our Sunday morning ritual before camp.  A visit to the local CVS to pick up some candy for the bus, water guns for the cabin and a few little extras.  We then always visit the local dunkin donuts.  This is where I resisted with all my power and got their version of an egg white McMuffin while Max scarfed down his donuts and hot chocolate (with extra whip).  We had another heart to heart talk and I went over all the 'appropriate' things he needed to know about camp.  Told him again that Soda will rot his bones and that walking around without boxers in his cabin is just 'not appropriate'. 



When we returned home to Barry and Audreys, the kids enjoyed some outdoor fun.  The clock struck 1:00 and it was time to leave for the bus.

 
We arrived at the bus pick up and the kids were already beginning to board.  Not much time for good-byes.  Perfect for me since long embraces always breaks me down to tears.  Max and Jake were so excited to board that our goodbyes were short and sweet.  Realization that the next time I would be seeing him would be in 7 weeks in Barcelona was really not kicking in.  At least Andrew would see him in 3 weeks at Visiting Day. Now that I have become more technical in nature and discovered Skype, I figured the camp would let me Skype him at some point.  Well I guess the send off becomes a little bit easier knowing that Asher, Zach and I are off to our own Sleep Away Camp only 10 hours away by plane. 

2 comments:

  1. Cute pics!! We are so excited for you! Personally I'm happy that I get your clubs al summer since now I know that I love golf! Ctravelvsafe!! Xo casey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Max and Jake are going to have so much fun at camp. How was it at the bus stop? Did you get to meet other parents. We will miss them and you guys too.

    ReplyDelete